EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - Shelter Service Attendants
BY: UNTIL FILLED
Sagamok Anishnawbek welcomes your interest and application to Shelter Service Attendant. Within the face-paced environment of the shelter, Shelter Service Attendants (SSA) are essential to providing attentive, compassionate services to clients experiencing homelessness or taking part in the aftercare programming that have a broad range of strengths and challenges. SSA are expected to have frequent, person-centered engagement with people staying in the shelter to help them achieve stability, maintain wellness plans, address immediate needs, and work towards exiting the shelter towards positive destinations such as reuniting with family/friends or achieving independent housing.
Qualifications/Terms & Conditions:
- Grade 12 Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Class G Drivers license and Use of reliable vehicle
- Training in Trauma Informed Care/CPR/WHMIS
- Education/Certification or Lived experience with addictions and Mental Health preferred
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong ability to multitask in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work as a team player is essential
- Must successfully pass Vulnerable Sector Screening Check conducted by the Ontario Provincial Police and/or Police Agency. Checks must be within six months.
- Understanding of Indigenous Culture and teachings are considered an asset.
- Ability to speak the language considered an asset.
Interested applicants MUST submit a cover letter, resume, photocopies of certificates/diploma/degree from a post-secondary institution, and have three references (preferably 3 recent employment references from a direct supervisor/manager or 2 recent employment references from a direct supervisor/manager and one  character reference) readily available upon request:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) to:
Attn: Human Resources
Sagamok Anishnawbek, P.O. Box 2230, Sagamok, Ontario, P0P 2L0
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. We appreciate your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Aboriginal people.
Click here for full details.