Shki Waase Aabin Binoojiinh Gamik is seeking Registered Early Childhood Educators/Permanent Position
Under supervision of the Day Care Manager, the RECE is responsible for the children in his/her charge and for working with parents, other teaching staff with ensuring a safe and nurturing environment to accomplish daily schedule and activities. Must be aware and capable of conforming to all regulations as outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing a stimulating environment for the child
- Conform to the scheduled curriculum
- Observe and comply with the program content, policies and philosophy
- Observing and recording each child’s development as assigned
- Always ensuring the best interest of the child, emotionally and physically
- Assisting in the daily housekeeping and maintenance of program and program materials
- Preparing daily activities to stimulate the child in all developmental areas
- Evaluating child on a regular basis for individual growth in developmental areas.
- Conforming to all policies, procedures and philosophies of the Centre
- Reporting suspected or confirmed incidents of physically, emotional or sexual abuse directly to the Supervisor and/or Children’s Aid Society
- Maintaining code of ethics and strict confidentiality
- Administering First Aid when necessary
- Review and comprehend the entirety of the Shki Waase-Aaban Binoojiinh Gamik Policies and procedures manual
- Forming positive relationships with the staff, children, parents, and community
- Appreciating the differences and sensitivities of child, being aware of individual needs and uniqueness of each child.
- Any duties delegated by Supervisor
- Must be qualified and registered as an Early Childhood Educator and/or currently completing requirements for Early Childhood Educator Diploma.
- Work experience in a day care setting/school
- Effective communication skills with both verbal and non-verbal
- Amiable personality and empathetic
- Must provide a clear criminal record check/vulnerable sector screening (CPIC)
- Must provide a copy of updated First Aid certification
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Ability to speak Ojibwe would be considered a definite asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) to:
Attn: Human Resources
Sagamok Anishnawbek, P.O. Box 2230, Sagamok, Ontario, P0P 2L0
By: Monday January 8th, 2024 at 4:00 p.m.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. We appreciate your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to Aboriginal people.
For more information, click here.